Today's post was written by Dia Thabet, a personal development coach, author, and consultant. You can learn more about him at his website: 2AchieveYourGoals.com. Dia shares some great insights on how to love yourself unconditionally. I hope you enjoy his words of wisdom!
Do you love yourself? This is a question that might seem simple, yet many people have a hard time answering it. There is nothing wrong in loving yourself. Loving yourself is necessary for your well being. Loving yourself is necessary to lead a successful and happy life filled with confidence. After all, how can you become happy if you don’t love yourself? Since happiness comes from within, you need to love yourself in the process.
5 Ways to Learn to Love Yourself
1. Pay attention to your self talk. Learn to talk to yourself in a positive and loving way. Many people talk negatively to themselves and keep saying statements like “I’m not good” “I’m will not achieve my goals.” “I’m depressed” among other statements. When you talk positively to yourself, you are programming your subconscious mind with positive images. Whatever you program your subconscious mind with is what you attract to your life. Start talking kindly to yourself and you will be on the path to self love.
2. Forgive yourself. I’m sure you have made some mistakes that you are not proud of. Know that we all make mistakes. There is no person that hasn’t made mistakes in life. There are some people who made mistakes and keep feeling guilty. They believe they can’t and shouldn’t be forgiven. What you have to remember is that there is nothing that you have done that you shouldn’t be forgiven for. Forgiving yourself might take some time, but if you learn to change your thoughts and view the mistakes you have done as experiences that you learn from, forgiving yourself will be much easier for you.
3. Always love yourself. Many people start to lose confidence in themselves if they meet someone who doesn’t like them. Let me ask you a question, do you like and get along with everyone that you meet in life? Life is filled with people who have different opinions and beliefs about different situations, cultures, politics and religion. It is that difference that makes life beautiful filled with different opportunities. You have to love yourself at all times. You are a precious gift to the world. Learn to love yourself unconditionally. Differentiate between who you are and your actions. Love yourself for the simple fact that you exist.
4. Pamper yourself. Learn to pamper yourself for something you like. Pampering and treating yourself helps reduce your stress and worry. When you are free of stress and worry, your brain is calm and you are able to love yourself more freely.
5. Stop seeking approval. If you are like most people, the chances are you sought approval at one time in life. It is good to want people’s approval, but when approval becomes a need instead of a want, this is when it becomes dangerous and could affect your self love. Not seeking approval is good for you because it teaches you to be confident in yourself and in your values. There are many people who put a lot of importance on what other people say. While listening to what other people say is important, their opinion shouldn’t be more important than your opinion. Remember, you are a unique person that should always be loved. You are a true gift to the world and do not ever forget that.
This guest post was written by Dia Thabet, a personal development coach, author, and consultant. You can learn more about him at his website: 2AchieveYourGoals.com.