This article is part of a series of articles to promote Stay Positive: Daily Reminders from Positively Present. For more information on the book, visit StayPositive365.com. For details on how to win this week’s giveaway (the last one!), scroll down to the bottom of this article.
Happy Thanksgiving Week! Here in America, this week is usually the kick-off to the holiday season (and often a short work week for those who are given a few days off to celebrate the holiday). It's the week when a bit of holiday magic sparkles in the air, the week when everyone is a little bit distracted by upcoming vacations, the week when some are anxiously awaiting the Black Friday sales. It's also the week when many turn their thoughts inward, focusing their attention on thankfulness.
Even those who aren't the "thankful" types find themselves pondering the things they have to be grateful for this week. It's a time for reflection, for pausing before the hurried rush of the holidays and remembering how lucky we are. A few years back, I wrote a list of 100 Things I Am Thankful For. Not only did this list receive wonderful responses from readers (and prompt an amazing gift from my boyfriend!), but it was also a very positive exercise for me personally. Taking the time to think about things I was thankful for made me even more grateful.
A lot has changed in my life since I wrote that list and, not surprisingly, I have even more things to be thankful for. This year, I'm adding 30 things to my list...
1. The opportunity to live a life I love.
2. My boyfriend's love + support.
3. Every extra day I get with Bella.
4. My first published book.
5. New opportunities to learn. (Yay, Nicole's Classes!)
6. An awesome family of "in-laws."
7. Photo-sharing on Instagram.
8. Chats + book clubs with my cousin.
9. Interviews (like this one!).
10. My dad's book editing skills.
11. My mom's support + optimism.
12. Inspiration via Pinterest.
13. Fun-filled lunch dates with friends.
14. Volunteer opportunities.
15. Getting back in the saddle.
16. Amazing shows (both music + comedy).
17. Finding Bella when she was lost.
18. Used book stores (recently found a new one!).
19. Reconnecting with old friends.
20. Yahtzee, Scrabble, + crosswords.
21. Portland. I love that town!
22. Discovering Project Life.
23. My iPhone...and everything Apple.
24. Rehoboth Beach + Florida trips.
25. New Facebook friends.
26. A chance to donate clothing + food.
27. Finding old photos (like these).
28. Over two years of sobriety.
29. My 2012 vision board.
30. Positively Present readers. I heart you!
If you haven't ever made a list of things you're grateful for, I'd highly recommend giving it a try. Every time I pause and think about the things I'm thankful for, I feel more content with my life and less likely to focus on what's going wrong. And I feel happy. To help you get started on your own list, I've created a free printable for you. Print it out and start listing all the things you're lucky to have in your life.
And to help you stay even more grateful -- and happy -- there are two great Stay Positive giveaways this week. Help spread the word about Stay Positive -- and enter to one of these two great giveaways!
STAY POSITIVE GIVEAWAYS!
To promote the launch of Stay Positive : Daily Reminders from Positively Present, PositivelyPresent.com is offering six weeks of giveaways based on the twelve sections in Stay Positive. Each week, readers will have the chance to win one of two awesome giveways.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Link to StayPositive365.com on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr,
Instagram, Google+,etc. and / or tell your friends about the book
2. Mention which giveaway you want to win (Gratitude or Happiness)
3. Let me know how you spread the word in the comments section below
4. Leave your email address (or another way I can contact you)
* Every mention you post / tweet / like, etc. counts as one entry.
Enter as many times as you want!
* 2 winners (one for each giveaway) will be chosen + notified via email on
Friday, November 30, 2012.