Spring has finally arrived here where I live and it always brings about a sense of refreshment and renewal. With everything beginning to bloom and the weather taking a warmer turn, things outside are looking up. The winter sun is slowly setting, giving way to the magnificence of springtime: birds chirping, shoots sprouting, sun warming, and green everywhere. Autumn will always be my favorite, but there's something magical about spring.
When the magic of spring starts happening outside my window, I always find myself thinking about how to manifest that renewed, refreshed feeling on a internal level. Spring is hopeful, inspiring, uplifting, and it always reminds me of how important it is to find little ways to stay uplifted. Just as a single flower poking through the dirt can transform a drab plot of land, so too can a single act of joy transform a lackluster spirit. The littlest acts can bring about big revelations.
In the spirit of spring's transformation, I've rounded up a list of 28 things you can do to uplift your heart and mind, to embrace the season and create your own little inner springtime. Some of these are seasonal, but most of them are just things that tend to give you good feelings, that uplift you in a way that makes you feel the way spring does: hopeful and happy.
1. Take a photo walk in nature.
2. Re-read your favorite book.
3. Meditate outside (or at least try!).
4. Plan summer getaway.
5. Watch a spring-time film.
6. Go somewhere totally new.
7. Exercise (or walk...) outdoors.
8. Play with a cat or dog (or kid!).
9. Call an old friend for a chat.
10. Donate what you don't need.
11. Take photos of spring-y things.
12. Start keeping a daily diary.
13. Throw an impromptu party
14. Start a mini garden.
16. Listen to some new music.
17. Take 5 deep breaths.
18. Get up one hour earlier.
19. Take a friend out to lunch.
20. Draft a gratitude list.
21. Treat yourself to a massage.
22. Make an inspiration board.
23. Give someone flowers.
24. Do something crafty.
25. Lay in the sunshine (with sunscreen!).
26. Take a super silly selfie.
27. Answer soul-searching questions.
28. Smile at strangers.
Spring is a great time to dig deeper into your mind and refresh your spirit. One way to do this is to spend time reflecting on what it means to be you, which you can do by dedicating time and attention to learning more about yourself. Check out Finding Yourself: A Soul-Searching Workbook for Surprising Self Discovery to discover even more ways to learn about—and uplift!—yourself. Filled with inspiration, questions, and activities to get you thinking about what it means to be you, Finding Yourself is a must for learning more about who you are. Learn more about the workbook here and purchase your own soul-searching copy here.